Hola and Blessings!
I am taking the time to give you a more detailed report of the trip to Olancho. Some of you have prayed and given and since you took your time, I will take mine to let you read the fruit of your love!!!
Over the next few days and weeks you can continue to look at pictures that capture our missions trip to Olancho, Honduras. Go to Facebook and Team Olancho, where members of our team are posting their pictures. Our Australian photographer will be adding her 2,000 images the next few days and we are encouraging all those who were part of our team to do the same!! For those of you who prayed and supported Jana and I throughout this amazing and epic season in a new era of global missions, muchas gracias, we truly did life together and I am going to give an overview of our time there!
We had the most incredible team assembled in my opinion! It was truly a satisfying moment for us in so many ways!!
We had the privilege of having Jedidiah and Amber, our son and daughter in law. Jed was not only over Olancho but Amber was over the whole team of 100 coordinating every aspect of the teams activities. Jedidiah was also instrumental in the entire National Campaign at the same time. Jana and I were state coordinators, Karelia was with Amber in overseeing the team, buses and all that and our son Damien was amazingly anointed the entire trip. Our daughter Jobyna was a team leader of 25, and our grandson Antonio blew people away the entire trip, a 13 year old effortlessly flowing in the power of God. We also had Ambers Dad, Mark Carpenter with us.
We had youth pastors from Dallas and Miami part of 2 great churches. We had a team from Alpha and Omega in Miami that was bi lingual and a great photographer and organizer who came with them. We had Jeds pastor from Champion Life Church with a team of 29 from that church. We had businessmen, we had a group from the church where I got saved in back in 1974, a very fulfilling moment for me to have them come along from the Pacific NW and another who lived in Redding whose parents were part of that church. We had a few others from Redding and also a guy on the pastoral staff of Bethel Church. We had a team from Northwest Florida who were part of the Supernatural School of Ministry we established a few years back. Not only that, we had our 2 pastors we have worked with for 6 years in Nicaragua come down and these guys astounded everyone with what they carry. Some of our team had read reports for years about Nicaragua and now had a chance to meet them in person. We event had a guy from the church we served on Maui, Hawaii on the team. Every age group was represented and those on their first missions trip ever were part of our team.
Every morning we had incredible devos as we call them. Great and timely messages from the pastors there and an outpouring of God pretty much in every meeting. In the evening we had visitations of God pure and simple. I had the chance to bring the message of the kingdom the first day we were there and many caught it and that ushered us into a realm of the miraculous each day. Had a chance to speak Tuesday night and that was just such a treat to see a blast from heaven and amazing outpouring of God. Every night we had testimonies that just rocked everyone, so many astounding miracles and conversions, students, principals and teachers touched by God. We had such great accommodations in Catacamas and the meals were off the charts and that made me happy as we did all we could to prepare for our team to have the most rewarding experience in our state of Olancho. We saw most of the hotel staff get saved and touched by God also, if not all of them. I had to work behind the scenes all week with Jed as we faced challenge after challenge daily.
Olancho is the most dangerous and difficult state in the nation. It is the largest and most spread out and the birthplace of the last 2 presidents. Juticalpa is the home of President Lobo and where the stadium was for the crusade. When you ask Hondurans around the nation where they have been, you can list all the other places but when you get to Olancho, they say, they have never been there and say, “why would we ever want to visit Olancho”. It is a place where people are leaving all the time, of little investment, steeped in hopelessness and division, including the majority of the churches much less the animosity of Catacamas and Juticalpa because the president that was ousted was from Catacamas and the current president from Juticalpa. It is the place of drug trafficking, sex trafficking and violence. That is why Jedidiah and I chose it and being a national coordinator he could have picked any state to be in!
Realize that when I share some of the highlights of our time in Olancho, that there were 17 other states being visited and hosting events through the others of a nearly 2,000 large missionary force, the largest in history. The Newspapers had 5 pages of pictures and comments by the President and others the day after. We were on countless national and local TV programs all week long. Also, this transcended a political, religious and humanitarian focus, as The Nueva Honduras became the focus in the last few months and 1Nation1Day was a catalyst. I will share a bit of the follow up plans also. I am being comprehensive as those that have sowed and prayed deserve to hear and see the fruit of their love!
Our teams visited schools every day all over Olancho. I know just in 2 schools in one day, 1,500 kids got saved and that was just 2 schools. In many schools there was a visitation of God and in each school a dream wall where students wrote down their dreams to see them every day was put up. It is interesting that the majority of the kids wrote down dreams for their Nation, not themselves, that is a significant statement for sure. You need to know that EVERY FAMILY in Olancho had someone in that family murdered. Sexual abuse was rampant even in the schools through teachers also. This is what we were dealing with. Sometimes teams had to stay on buses because the teachers would not let them in, did not want to change their schools obviously, but God won each battle.
In Olancho, the week we were there, there was not 1 murder in the state for the first time in history. The Godfather in Crime over Olancho marched in the parade before the event and attended the crusade.
We did things in our state that touched every realm of culture.
1. Prison – Pastor Harry and I ministered in the National Prison of Juticalpa where nearly every man there including the prisoner in charge kind of guy got saved and there were many miracles of healing, loosened joints, hernias dissolving and all kinds of illnesses healed and inmates saved.
2. Business Mtg – For the first time, over 200 businessmen and leaders, including the Governor of Olancho assembled to hear our speakers, prominently successful businessmen speak to them. One of our guys was the second employee of TBN and also made millions in one day selling satellites. Jeds father in law Mark Carpenter did a phenomenal job for sure.
3. Womens Mtg – This was a major happening. It was the largest gathering of women in the history of the state and Jana was the primary speaker. It was televised nationally and held in the largest church in Catacamas, where Jed and I spoke before. Place was packed out and many of our women on the team came along and there were tons of miracles and a visitation of God that stunned the women there. Very, very powerful and talked about event for sure in the days following.
4. National Army – This was a total surprise. One of our teams approached a Colonel on the Army and asked to speak to the 2,000 members of the National Army whose base is in Olancho and about two and a half hours out there. It had never happened before! He said yes and told the Army to do whatever our team told them to do. All 2,000 men accepted Jesus Christ and then our team did a fire tunnel and prayed for all 2,000! Wow!!
5. TV and Radio – Not only did Jed and I speak on different stations but in some, God really showed up. In one of ours, the presence of God was so there that everyone in the studio came under God and Jana, Harry and I ended up praying for the sick who were healed.
6. Churches – Our teams and speakers went to 10 churches on Wednesday night. You read about our visit to one but the reports from each of them were amazing for sure as our pastors from Nicaragua and the USA ministered.
7. Villages – As you know we had a container filled with aid that was being distributed throughout the week including 7,500 pairs of new shoes. Our team went to villages and washed the feet of kids and put new shoes on their feet.
8. Political Summit in Capital – We sent Pastor Eddie and Mark to the meeting of all the heads of the government, candidates in this election year, judiciary, military etc. Myles Munroe spoke on the difference between a leader and a politician and powerfully exhorted them on how to transition the goverment before the election and also the principles of leading a nation under God. Now this is amazing! There were things like this going on, not just Olancho and schools and crusades and all that. This is truly mind blowing! Afterwards 20 of the top leaders met with President Lobo and Mark Carpenter spend a lot of time alone with him. This was our team!!! President Lobo personally thanked us for coming to his state and that was relayed at the next session we had.
9. Crusade and New Honduras! You need to understand the magnitude of this miracle! If you know what was happening behind the scenes right up to the event, it would really make this even more spectacular. The largest gathering in the state of Olancho, political, religious or anything, was 5,000 people. The unbelief we dealt with all the time, the bickering and division, and the logistics to even have this were staggering. God won! As one pastor said, “I can never say it is impossible for God to do anything again”.
No message needed to be spoken or anything done bigger than just the people of Olancho walking into a soccer stadium and seeing the crowds. It is true that there were 45,000 people already in and fire marshall stopped the others from coming in. The moment was not lost on the son of President Lobo who is over Olancho, the governor, mayors and spiritual leaders. Even though buses had to get people out and rains came, all over people were just stunned that the stadium was even done much less filled. Not in Olancho!
The Nueva Honduras was preached by Jed and also salvation. I ministered on healing and released our team. Deaf mutes heard and spoke, paralyzed limbs set free, one guy had 5 hernias dissolve. Many were being saved and healed right at the end through our amazing team members and I am hearing reports every day. It was epic! And part of a telecast around the nation and the world.
People ask about the aftermath. When the President of the Nation says live in San Pedro and in the newspapers the days before and after, “Only God can save our nation”, that is significant in itself. Political leaders have step by step instructions on how to govern under God. Business leaders in many states have the tools to begin a new phase of growth. Every school has a manual for the New Honduras. There were thousands of discipleship books given to new believers and churches. In every sphere of society the gospel was preached, mayors, governors, business leaders, military, police leaders were converted.
In our state, we distributed 1,000 children’s books that Jobyna brought from Redding and gave them to the strategic pastors we personally have great relationships with and also ministered in their churches. We gave away other books in Spanish that I used for our supernatural school of ministry in Nicaragua. We blessed families also.
I have maintained for years, that when the church becomes the church, no evil can stand before her. Not praying but at some point becoming the answer to every prayer and that is why moves of the Spirit do not perpetuate and become reformations leading to transformation. I am very clear that great outpourings have not been stewarded by the leaders of His body, the main reason they dwindle and die or get weird. The aftermath is really in the hands of the Honduran spiritual leaders who have been handed something on a platter no other spiritual leadership of any nation has been given.
Yes, we will follow up in our state of Olancho and also our church in Lancaster, PA also sent a team of 106 to Santa Barbara with great fruit and we will follow up there. Missions.me is an extraordinary organization that through a few 30 year olds began to dream of doing something never done, may that attitude become all of ours, it is the only way to live.
Jana and I want to thank all of you once again for making this possible as you co labored with God. It was worth every dime and prayer and we are honored that you had the spiritual discernment to step into a moment bigger than ones own personal agenda and ministry. You will be enriched. As I have said and stand daily upon….this is the game changer year, we are better than birds and more glorious than lilies, these are the best of times, God will fulfill Jeremiah 33:3 and give us a personal revelation of His greatness and we will access those things that have been inaccessible up to now.
Over and over again, people were blown away by our family not just being there but everyone with such incredible capacity, anointing and leadership. That was a dream come true, just one of them all.
We are now in re entry! For those who have stood with us, remember us in prayer and faithful support, the best is yet to come….Earl and Jana